Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Miss Snark revisited

Vince Vawter asked me if I'd read Miss Snark recently. And the answer was no, so I went and had a look.

Miss Snark, if you're wondering, is a practising US agent, and she mainly writes responses to writers who have asked her questions -- quite often, I would have to say, some pretty dumb questions. But then I suppose there was a time when even I was ignorant and stupid. All right, all right, so I'm still ignorant and stupid; but now it's about other things.

Anyway, Miss Snark seems to me to inject a very healthy degree of realism into her replies, and if you're hoping to break into any serious market, particularly in the US, you could learn a lot from her.

1 comment:

Miss Snark said...

Thanks for the revisit!
The questions are just the leaping off point--the comments from the readers are a wealth of info. Heck, I learn from them daily!