Monday, March 06, 2006

Fifty movers and shakers of the book world (UK version)

If you want a bit of a giggle, and feel in need of having your eyebrows raised, go take a look at Robert McCrum's Observer article on the 50 most influential people in the UK book trade (link from Galleycat).

It is not, I would suggest, to be taken too seriously. But, if nothing else, it gives us an interesting insight into the thinking of the team that was assembled to draw up the list. For the record, they were 'bestselling novelist and Orange Prize founder Kate Mosse, the literary agent Elizabeth Sheinkman of Curtis Brown, the deputy editor of the Bookseller Joel Rickett, the publisher Margaret Busby, our own deputy literary editor Alex Clark and myself', i.e. McCrum.

Personally I will only say that I find the choice of writers to be markedly eccentric. Benjamin Zephaniah in and Terry Pratchett out? I really don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice weblog and awe-inspiring details you've got offered. I actually feel far better to examine this type of details. I actually have saved this weblog for my coming referrals. Full Service Movers